JM Marshall's Charity
Home About us What we fund Recent grants Contact us Site map
Winterton All Saints

Marden St Michael

Swalecliffe St John

Marshall's Charity


‘The Charity of John Marshall, late of Southwark in the County of Surrey, Gentleman, deceased’ is the original name of the Will Trust that is today known as Marshall's Charity.

John Marshall was a whitebaker who lived in Axe Yard, Southwark (now Newcomen Street). Married but with no children, he died in 1631.

The land and property which he left to his Trustees has grown in value over the centuries, and the Charity is now able to distribute substantial grants each year.

Church Restoration Grants


Please note that the system for applying for Church Restoration Grants has changed.

>> View the Grant Application Form and further information.


Registered Charity number 206780



© Marshall's Charity 2014 ^ page top

Marshall's Charity | 66 Newcomen Street, London SE1 1YT
Tel: 020 7407 2979 | Fax: 020 7403 3969 | Email: grantoffice@marshalls.org.uk